I’m a little late this week–I was out of town for a bit last week. Here’s how Match-Up 3 fared:
1960s Horror Pioneers
- Carnival of Souls (1962)–6 votes (67%)
- Blood Feast (1963)–3 votes (33%)
John Carpenter Bake-Off!
I really expected this result to be the opposite of what we got here:
- The Thing (1982)–6 votes (60%)
- The Fog (1980)–4 votes (40%)
Contemporary Zero-Budget Nightmares
- Thankskilling (2009)–3 votes (60%)
- Birdemic (2010)–2 votes (40%)
Blaxploitation Still Rules
To many, Shaft is the King of Blaxploitation, but Blacula seems to be the prince of campy blaxploitation. Camp wins every time.
- Blacula (1972)–9 votes (82%)
- Shaft (1971)–2 votes (18%)
These results bring us to here, and as you can see, we have one more set of four matches to go to bring us to a Sweet 16–some of those will be blow-outs, while others could be more interesting. So, for this week:
High-Brow vs. Low-Brow Horror
Come All Ye Witchfinders!
Possessions ‘R Us!
Strong Leading Ladies
Same rules as always–a week to vote in the above polls, and we’ll see where we’re at in another week!