We’ve arrived, after a fashion, at our final five films, as chosen mainly by you. I say “mainly,” because one match-up that had originally ended up in a tie was re-competed, and ended up in a tie once again. To keep things moving along, I’ve made an executive decision in favor of one film. Somehow, I doubt you’ll mind. Because this match-up has lingered a bit, it’s thrown off our nice even numbers, so we have a final five, not final four. Again, I doubt you mind terribly.
At any rate, here are your Final Five:
1. Black Sunday (1960), after tying with The Day the Earth Stood Still, twice.
2. The Thing (1982), after beating Witchfinder General (1968) 3 votes to 2.
3. I Drink Your Blood (1970) beat The Exorcist (1973) in a 4-0 shutout, the second shutout for IDYB in as many rounds!
4. Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! (1965) finally put an end to the reign of terror wreaked by She-Devil on Wheels (1968).
5. Carnival of Souls (1962) is still patiently waiting after beating Grizzly (1976) a couple rounds ago.
So here are this week’s match-ups, awaiting your consideration:
Go ahead, watch the whole thing!
The winner of this match takes on The Thing!
Do yourself a favor while you make up your mind, and give the Badasses, Boobs, and Bodycounts podcast a listen–it’s most recent episode covers this one.
The winner of the round will be our “right side” conference champ, fwiw.
I’m loving, loving, the fact that as our little contest winds down, that the most recent movie still in contention, The Thing, is 32 years old. Also, how is it the The Thing is 32 years old already?!